|SPF Rating||UVB Protection|
- Lighter skin = higher SPF
- Longer/More intense exposure = higher SPF
Best SPF SunscreensNow that you’ve read a bit about different SPFs, how much protection they provide, and which ones are the best, it’s time to take a look at some of your options. There are countless sunscreens on the market, but here is a short list of some of the best choices with different SPFs:
Best SPF 15 Sunscreen: Badger Sunscreen Cream SPF 15
- Easier to apply and less whitening than higher SPF zinc oxide sunscreens.
- Works great when you don't need maximum protection!
- Broad spectrum protection from UVA & UVB rays using the safe mineral Zinc Oxide – No oxybenzone, octinoxate, or other chemical active sunscreening agents.
- Water Resistant for 40 minutes; biodegradable.
- Certified Organic base of Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, and Vitamin E is ultra-moisturizing and soothing.
Last update on 2020-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIIf you do prefer to use a sunscreen with an SPF of 15, the best thing for you to do is to find one that provides you with the best physical, broad spectrum protection available. Badger Sunscreen Cream SPF 15 is that sunscreen. Your broad spectrum protection is provided with its active ingredient zinc oxide (10%). Zinc oxide is a physical ingredient which protects against the full range of UVA/B rays so you’re getting optimal protection with it. Badger Sunscreen Cream is an excellent option for any type of skin. It’s a gentle and natural formula which includes ingredients like vitamin E and beeswax in order to nourish your skin while it’s being protected. This formula provides solid protection with a lesser level of white cast and thickness than some other products with higher concentrations of zinc oxide. Badger Sunscreen Cream is suitable for daily use on your face and body, and is flexible enough to be used throughout the seasons as it provides 40 minutes of water resistance. When it comes to choosing a sunscreen with an SPF 15, Badger Sunscreen Cream is your most reliable choice!
- Zinc oxide (10%)
- 40 minutes of water resistance
- Gentle enough for daily use
- Slight white cast
Best SPF 30 Sunscreen: Raw Elements Eco Formula Sunscreen SPF 30
- EWG TOP-RATED SUNSCREEN – Performance-driven face and body sun protection lasts up to 80 minutes and does not run or sting your eyes
- DAILY USE FOR ALL AGES – Gentle, moisturizing formula can be used as part of your daily skin care routine and is gentle enough for kids
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC NATURAL MINERAL SUNSCREEN – Soy, gluten and nut free, contains no synthetic chemicals and packed with nourishing antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, so your skin stays protected long after environmental exposure
- SPF 30+ BROAD-SPECTRUM PROTECTION – With a sole active ingredient of 23% Non-Nano Zinc Oxide, our Face + Body Lotion 30+ provides UVA-UVB true broad-spectrum coverage
- SAFE FOR OUR PLANET – Reef-safe, Leaping Bunny certified cruelty-free, non-GMO and biodegradable in recyclable packaging. Protect yourself and the environment!
Last update on 2020-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APISunscreens with SPFs of 30 are the most common choices on the market, which means making a choice can become overwhelming. So how do you know which SPF 30 rated sunscreen is the best option? What you want is a physical sunscreen that provides broad spectrum protection and will be safe enough for you to use on your face and body daily. Raw Elements Eco Formula Sunscreen SPF 30 provides exactly what you need. This sunscreen provides broad spectrum protection with a very high concentration of the super active ingredient zinc oxide (23%). The first thing to know about Raw Elements’ formula is that it will definitely leave you with a white cast due to its high concentration of zinc oxide. Luckily, it works well under makeup once it has dried. You could also just consider it the mark of great protection! The environmentally safe sunscreen is also gentle enough to be used on all different skin types on a daily basis without causing irritation. With 80 minutes of water resistance, you are covered during sweat-inducing weather or while you’re swimming. This SPF 30 rated sunscreen is a safe and effective choice for you and your whole family.
- High concentration of zinc oxide (23%)
- 80 minute of water resistance
- All-natural, environmentally safe, and gentle formula
- White cast
Best SPF 50 Sunscreen: thinksport Sunscreen SPF 50+
- Top rated by EWG skin deep database with a "1" rating since 2010. First sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care requirements
- Free of biologically harmful chemicals: no avobenzone, oxybenzone, paraben, phthalate, paba and 1,4 dioxane free or UV chemical absorbers
- Highest - SPF 50 plus, water resistance (80 minutes), broad-spectrum coverage as proposed by the 2012 monograph
- Non-nano zinc oxide formulation average particle size >100micron, non-aerosol formulation (high concern of both ineffectiveness and particulates being inhaled)
- Applies and absorbs easily non-oily feel does not have an obtrusive smell that many organic sunscreens have. No animal testing.
Last update on 2020-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIYou may find yourself searching for the best high SPF sunscreen if you have paler or especially sensitive skin. Thinksport Sunscreen SPF 50+ provides broad spectrum protection through its active ingredient zinc oxide (20%). This physical sunscreen cannot be beat when it comes to the best physical and high SPF protection. Thinksport is a brand that values their responsibility in protecting their customers. It was named the first sunscreen to pass the Whole Foods premium care requirements, and is unmatched in safety. Though its name may sound harsh or rugged, thinksport is an extremely gentle formula that is safe for all skin types. You’ll be able to use it on your face and body every day with no issues. It is a sunscreen with a high zinc concentration so expect a white cast. But don’t worry, even though it’s thick, it works pretty well under makeup if you want to cover it up a bit. With thinksport’s 80 minutes of durable water resistance, you will have flexibility throughout the year and in many different situations. Look no further than thinksport in your search for a great high SPF sunscreen.
- High concentration of zinc oxide (20%)
- 80 minutes of water resistance
- Suitable for daily use
- Leaves white cast